Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Drumroll, please!

Sorry I haven't written in a while. Life keeps getting in the way. My first week of the diet is over and I lost SEVEN POUNDS! YAY me! The week wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. My daily points allowance let me eat a decent amount - of the right food. And the weekly points allowance absorbed my mistakes and my overages. I didn't even eat all of my weekly point allowance!

I have had to start eating better. But that's not a bad thing, is it? More veggies, more fruit and actually THINKING about what I'm eating instead of just eating. The hunger between meals is pretty much gone, which is wonderful, since I thought I'd be starving myself.

Special Occasions
We went out to dinner at a Japanese steakhouse to celebrate my daughter's acceptance into a high school magnet program. I looked up points before we left and did pretty well. I stuck with the chicken and shrimp hibachi. It was great but I think the restaurant's portions were double WW's portions. But even accounting for that, I stayed within my points.

Friday night, my DH and I went out to the local pizza place for dinner. I looked up the points for pizza and figured I couldn't afford to eat as much pizza as I wanted. What is a "small" slice of pizza anyway? So, I ordered a gyro (no fries). I looked it up when I came home and it was a whopping 15 points. I went over my daily points, but I had more than enough weekly points to take care of it.
It was worth it though. Yum.

Concession Stands
Yesterday was not such a good day. My son had a wrestling tournament which lasted ALL DAY. Since this is my 1st tournament, I wasn't prepared for the amount of time it would take. We were at the mercy of the concession stand for food. Pizza or hot dogs. Pizza and hot dogs. Who knew that a small plain hot dog would be 8 points? I figured a piece of pizza would cost me some, but the hot dog blindsided me.

I did drink two Cokes that I ordinarily wouldn't have. I usually drink diet soda. I had the first one because I was feeling a little strange, a little off, because it was such a long time since breakfast. I also wanted to get some sugar and caffeine into my son so he could bring that energy to his wrestling. He didn't have any of my 1st Coke, but he did have a little of my 2nd. The wrestling tournament concession stand food cost me 18 points. By the way, my son came in fourth in his weight class!

Chinese food
After the wrestling tournament, I decided my daughter and I deserved a treat (my son went to a friend's house for an sleepover). We went to the local Chinese "sushi bistro". Again, I was feeling a little "off", probably from screaming so much, so I ordered hot and sour soup, which I ordinarily wouldn't. My "usual" order would be a California roll, steamed dumplings and an entree of General Tso's or Orange Chicken. Instead of ordering a "main course", I settled for the roll and the dumplings. We ordered an extra serving of dumplings for my husband, but he had come home and left for a weekend trip before we got home with the food. So my daughter and I split his dumplings.

This was an expensive meal, points-wise. It "cost" 22 points, when my daily allowance is 28. Add it to the concession stand nightmare and my total for yesterday was a whopping 46 points. I know, YIKES! I went well into the weekly points allowance for that, but I still have 15 left over and they expire tonight.

Tonight
Tonight we go to a Scouting banquet. I'm bringing a Stouffer's Lasagna. I think I'm going to need those 15 points!




No comments:

Post a Comment